Formal Resources for Children and Youth
- Easter Seals Washington: a Statewide organization that serves children and adults who have special needs. 800.678.5708
- Parent Trust for Washington Children: Serves parents, relatives and others who care for children and youth. 880.932.HOPE
- Parenthelp123: Serves children and families with information and resources. 322.2588
- The ARC of Washington: Serves children and adults who have an intellectual or developmental disability. 888.754.8798
- WA State Developmental Disabilities Administration (DDA): Serves children and adults who have an intellectual or developmental disability.
- Child Care Aware: Provides information about child care and respite. 800.424.2246
- Kinship Caregiver Support Program: Over 35,000 people in Washington State are caring for a relative’s child. The services offered under DSHS Kinship Care include Kingship Navigators, health care, child care and other assistance.
- Vanessa Behan Crisis Nursery: Provides a confidential safe place for children to stay while providing families some time for themselves.
- Lifespan Respite Voucher program – a federally funded grant to meet planned (not crisis) respite needs for unserved and unpaid family caregivers. Respite for caregivers is provided through respite provider agencies, versus individual providers.
Military Family Support
- Exceptional Family Member Program: Provides all four military branches with care and respite support for families with a member who has a special need or disability.
- Coast Guard Special Needs Program: provides Coast Guard family members who have special needs or a disability with care and support.
- Your branch of service may have branch-specific resource for respite. Contact Exceptional Family Member Family Support Office at your nearest installation or Coast Guard Special Needs Program by phone or email.