The Lifespan Respite Washington Pilot Voucher Program has arrived!
Check it out here.
HERE IT COMES! Our summit, “Planting Seeds–Lifespan Respite in Washington State” is almost here.
Check out this flyer for additional information: LRW Respite Summit Save.the.Date Flyer LJP 9.8.14.
What is a family caregiver?
- You may be a family caregiver if you provide care or support for an adult or child with a chronic or disabling condition.
- Being a family caregiver for a spouse, parent, child, or loved one takes a lot of time, effort and work. It can be both intellectually and emotionally challenging. You may have become a caregiver suddenly and without warning, or perhaps your role evolved slowly over time.
- A caregiver is most often an unpaid individual (a spouse, significant other, family member, friend, or neighbor).
- There are more than 850,000 family caregivers in Washington State who assist in the care of their spouses, parents, and children—those from across the lifespan.
- You matter: Clearly, your loved ones need you. And your daily work saves our State billions of dollars every year.
- You deserve an occasional break to help you in your important role. You deserve RESPITE.