International Respite Conference – Scholarships Available!
The International Short Break Association (ISBA) is hosting the 2021 International Respite (Short Break) Conference VIRTUALLY from June 22 -25, 2021. This international conference is intended for everyone who provides, uses, or needs respite/short break services.
Through the generosity of the ISBA community, a limited number of scholarships for Family Caregivers and Individuals with Disabilities are available! Register for a scholarship at this link: https://uwmadison.eventsair.com/isba/carereg
Conference Sessions include:
- Time for Living and Caring (TLC): A Virtual Coach to Maximize the Benefit of Respite Time
- Children, the Forgotten Caregivers
- COVID-19 Guidelines and Family Decision Guide
- Caregiver Respite–Thinking Outside the Box
- Innovative Insight: Understanding Your Needs by Identifying Yourself as a Caregiver
And MORE! Check out the entire program on the ISBA Conference website.
Please note this link is ONLY for family caregivers and individuals with disabilities. Registration for available scholarships is on a first-come, first-served basis.
New Support Group for Caregivers!
All unpaid family caregivers caring for people of any age are welcome!
These educational programs will focus on supporting and learning from one another. You can attend anonymously, by phone or online and on any device. Join us!
Thursday June 3rd from 6-7 PM Social Isolation: Finding Joyful Moments in Caregiving
The June session will focus on the importance of creating joy through participating in activities with those we care for. During this time of social isolation, family caregivers have struggled with the lack of meaningful activities while at home. We will discuss ways we can have some fun with very little preparation time or cost. Some ideas include stick figure storytelling, armchair travel, neighborhood scavenger hunts, mindful meditation and more. There will be opportunities for discussion, emotional support, and personal reflection.
- Create an account on the HeyPeers website if you have not already done so.
- SIgn in, and Register for June 3rd
More about the Caregiver Support Group sessions:
- This pilot or test program hopes to have 25 caregivers attend once a month for a total of four months.
- There will be 4 sessions, one per month, with a fresh topic each month March through June 2021.
Why a Pilot (test program)?
- Unpaid family caregiver attendance and opinions are important and will help create future support groups for family caregivers!
- We will ask caregivers to answer a few questions to help us better understand caregiver support needs and opinions. The survey is optional and highly encouraged.
Established in 2016, the Dementia Action Collaborative (DAC) is a group of public-private partners committed to preparing Washington State for the growth of the population living with dementia. The DAC hosts two meetings each year that are open to the public. The second meeting for 2021 will be September 29, 2021, 9 AM-12:30 PM. Learn more about the DAC.
Lifespan Coalition Meetings
The coalition meetings include family caregivers, public and private agency staff, and advocates across the state. It aims to support individuals from a cross-section of ages, cultural or ethnic backgrounds, and needs or disabilities of the individuals needing care.
We hope you will join us: May 26, 2021 1:30 AM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Meeting will be available by phone and online ONLY.
Future meetings: July 28, September 22, and November 24, 2021
If you are interested in participating on the LRW Coalition, please contact us by email at email@example.com.